Author Topic: Does Alt. Sawyer want to con Alt. Hurley?  (Read 2548 times)

Offline horseshoe_crab

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Does Alt. Sawyer want to con Alt. Hurley?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »
On my second viewing it looks like on the flight to LAX Jack, Kate and Sawyer are working together to help Kate escape.  Jack is at the bathroom door exactly as Kate comes out so she can grab his pen (which she uses to almost unlock her cuffs).  Sawyer bumps the marshall so Kate can shift her hands under hte tray to pocket the pen.  Notice how long Sawyer keeps eye contact...  Later on the elevator he literally shields her from the authorities.  I'm sure there's more, but that's all I remember.

It looks like a classic case of TPTB being obvious enough to make us want to discount it...

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 04:41:19 PM »
The vibe I got was that Sawyer was deffinitely setting up something in his head to get Hurley's money. As for the Kate, Jack, Sawyer plan, hmmmmm, I don't know. Seems too obvious to me. BUT, I said the same thing about Locke being Smokey back in S5. I totally didn't believe it, and now that we know it, I look the fool. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »
On my second viewing it looks like on the flight to LAX Jack, Kate and Sawyer are working together to help Kate escape.  Jack is at the bathroom door exactly as Kate comes out so she can grab his pen (which she uses to almost unlock her cuffs).  Sawyer bumps the marshall so Kate can shift her hands under hte tray to pocket the pen.  Notice how long Sawyer keeps eye contact...  Later on the elevator he literally shields her from the authorities.  I'm sure there's more, but that's all I remember.

It looks like a classic case of TPTB being obvious enough to make us want to discount it...

I noticed some of that as well, but I don't think it's Jack and Sawyer actively helping Kate. I think they happened to be in the right place at the right time. Since the flash in the '70s made the original flight to LAX land safely, some events have to happen to course-correct and get things to end the same way for our friends.

Sawyer did block the authorities while Kate got a head start but I think he did it more because he identifies with law-breakers since he is one, so he helped her, and also because he thought she was hot.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 04:51:22 PM »
I definitely got the feeling that Sawyer was trying to help Kate out, but I didn't get that impression about Jack that they were working together or anything.  I thought that Sawyer saw Kate's handcuffs, realized she was a "fellow rogue" or whatever, and just sort of in the spirit of bad guys sticking together (plus he thinks she's cute, LOL) he helps her out a little bit.  He definitely shielded her in the elevator.  I was expecting him to be in one of the taxicabs outside, open the door and say "Get in, Freckles" but no, it was Claire.   ::)

Fate again.  Sawyer and Kate were meant to have some sort of interaction, regardless of the Island.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »
My bet is that he is going to TRY to con Hurley and fail miserably.
If he really try, I bet with you on the fail.
But since Hurley is not a hot housewife, I don't know if Sawyer will really try to con him.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
Alt Sawyer definitely wants to con Alt Hurley.  And he definitely was out to help Alt Kate (fellow fugitives???).

I was a little annoyed that it was Claire in the cab.  We didn't see her ON the plane.  Was she even on the flight?  (Cause she'd be Alt Claire!)

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure they showed her getting off at least. I thought I saw her once before the cab scene.