Author Topic: DESMOND'S WEDDING RING  (Read 3990 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: DESMOND'S WEDDING RING
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
Well... if you want to believe that it's Desmond from the island timeline and he used his powers to appear there for a reason, then it would be the same Desmond who is already married to Penny and has a kid named Charlie.

Wow! You mean it could be the real Desmond and not an alt-Desmond?

What would be the purpose of his appearing to Jack like that, and acting so cluelessly?  ???

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
Well... if you want to believe that it's Desmond from the island timeline and he used his powers to appear there for a reason, then it would be the same Desmond who is already married to Penny and has a kid named Charlie.

Wow! You mean it could be the real Desmond and not an alt-Desmond?

What would be the purpose of his appearing to Jack like that, and acting so cluelessly?  ???
Off topic, but Hi Mango! Missed your crazy theories!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
Off topic, but Hi Mango! Missed your crazy theories!

They're not so crazy!!!

January 25th 2009: http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,8432.msg490722.html#msg490722

Could the theory of "Course Correction" even be plausible? Isn't it more likely that anytime a time traveller makes changes in the past, that a new parallel dimension is created?

;)

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »
Did anyone else think it was weird that in the row Rose and Bernard were seated in (and many others) there were four people crammed in a row of seats, and yet Jack had a whole row all to himself?  Sheesh, spread out people. :)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 02:46:29 AM »
Did anyone else think it was weird that in the row Rose and Bernard were seated in (and many others) there were four people crammed in a row of seats, and yet Jack had a whole row all to himself?  Sheesh, spread out people. :)
Matthew Fox demand #32: I don't want to share my row.
That's why the stewardess removed Desmond when she saw where he escaped the snoring bastard.
(sorry couldn't miss the joke chance)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 09:07:58 AM »
I'm going to say that he went on the boat race but didn't crash and then married Penny, but that's more or less just what I'm rooting for.

That might be a possibility, but like someone else said in here somewhere, there might not have even been a reason to have the boat race. Hell, Widmore might even be dead, and Penny not even exist. It is an alternate timeline.
Or maybe Widmore accepted Desmond as a son-in-law this time.  So Des and Penny could be happily married and Des didn't have to prove anything to Mr. Widmore.  I like that idea.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 11:49:34 AM »
Screencap?

can we find a screen cap from an episode where penny and desmond were married living on the boat in Thailand or wherever it was when she was giving birth or perhaps at the time Ben attacked him on the dock in 2007? Maybe the rings are the same and it is 2007 desmond in 2004???

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 01:23:45 PM »
Screencap?

can we find a screen cap from an episode where penny and desmond were married living on the boat in Thailand or wherever it was when she was giving birth or perhaps at the time Ben attacked him on the dock in 2007? Maybe the rings are the same and it is 2007 desmond in 2004???

I just saw something,

Look at desmonds face in the picture almost seems sinister, maybe nothing I dunno
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:25:58 PM by SQUIRT199 »

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
Screencap?

I just saw something,

Look at desmonds face in the picture almost seems sinister, maybe nothing I dunno

I think he's checking out Jack's butt

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
I think his ring looks flashier on the plane.