Author Topic: Temple people  (Read 6548 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Temple people
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »
Yeah, I think the groups are a bit fluid. Remember during the season on the second island, the flight attendant and a few of the kids go by the cages and are recognized. So we've seen her and those kids with Ben and the Others.

Why the fake beards and rags when Ben was ordering his group to abduct the 815 survivors?

What's so special about Cindy and the kids that they can flit between Ben's Others and the other Others?

The existence of these other Others was more puzzling than the parallel reality to me.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »
Did anyone mention the red theme...the red plants, most of the people at the temple had something matching in the same red tone...the red segnificance was in many other movies too...
Yes, it was mentioned in another thread. Red is not always a "negative" color. In many religions, it is symbolic of fertility. I know from my work with chakras that the root chakra (the base chakra, associated with survival) is symbolized by the color red.
Did anyone mention the red theme...the red plants, most of the people at the temple had something matching in the same red tone...the red segnificance was in many other movies too...
Yes, it was mentioned in another thread. Red is not always a "negative" color. In many religions, it is symbolic of fertility. I know from my work with chakras that the root chakra (the base chakra, associated with survival) is symbolized by the color red.
and the color red has been associated with royalty
....and Flocke wipes the blood off kinife on a a red rug in the jacobs lair...

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 11:00:11 PM »
What's so special about Cindy and the kids that they can flit between Ben's Others and the other Others?

Remember that there were a whole group of Others during season 3 that showed up for Juliet's "sentencing". This included Cindy and the kids. They weren't there all the time, but came there for that event.

Offline karatemama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »
Did anyone notice that there were 'whispers' again when Jack, Kate, Hurley, etc...were carrying Sayid into the underground area? It was right before they started disappearing...anyone know what they were saying?

And, after Jack goes back to look for Hurley, there is a shadowy figure that runs thru the background. Did anyone catch who that was???

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 11:58:48 AM »
I assume Cindy, the kids, and any other kidnapped 815'ers were all converted to being an Other either by the water drowning or the Brainwashing technique used on Karl, Alex's boyfriend.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 07:25:50 PM »
When they first go down into the hole in the wall outside the temple, they see the dead body of one of Rousseau's shipmates (sans arm) -- (BTW, what book was it they found with him?).  They also passed a hole in the floor inside the "cave" area.

I thought that it was Smokey who pulled Rousseau's men down into the hole and they came back out "with the sickness".  Am I getting that wrong?

So if this is the way in to the Temple, then Smokey can at least get as far as the "cave" part.  We don't know how far it is from there to the actual Temple since Jack et al. get captured and then the next we see they're on the edge of the Temple itself.

So how far in could Smokey already go?