Poll

Where is Smokey's home?

The Temple
Off the Island
Pandora
His real body

Author Topic: Poll: Smokey's Home?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Poll: Smokey's Home?
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »
Towards the end of the episode, MIB tells Ben what he wants...to go home.

So that begs the question, where is his home? Clearly, going home is going to be his main motivation at this point. (That look he gave was as intense as it gets)

Part of the fun of Lost is making predicitions, then being totally wrong about it, so lets predict away.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:01:41 PM by CaseyMac »

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Smokey's Home?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:26:32 AM »
I was thinking the same today. Is his home outside island, or they want to keep him out of the temple because that is his home? Or yet his home isn't even on this planet, or dimension, or time, and the temple is his way back?

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »
Someone on here predicted his home might mean his actual body.  I love that theory.  he was cursed and turned into smokey and now Jacob is dead he's going back to the temple to get his body back.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
Pandora? Is he looking for some unobtainium or something?

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:21:58 PM »
When he says it, doesn't he first say something like - Locke was the one person who didn't want leave the island. I want the one thing the Locke didn't want - to go home.

This lead me to believe it was off the island.

BTW - when he said Locke was the one person who did not want to leave the island, I was thinking that is not true. Rose, Cindy (the flight attendant who is in the temple with the others) and you could make the argument for others did not want to leave either.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:41:05 PM »
His home is in the parallel universe, where he cannot go.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »
Someone on here predicted his home might mean his actual body.  I love that theory.  he was cursed and turned into smokey and now Jacob is dead he's going back to the temple to get his body back.
Sounds reasonable, and very interesting. BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA Lost really made me tell this theory is reasonable?
No, I still agree that show-wise it is. But it's fun to think I said something that in reality is absurd, is reasonable.
His home is in the parallel universe, where he cannot go.
That meets one of my conclusions, that the flash-sideways is Smokey going home, but not because the sideways is his home. That's because to Smokey go home, the island have to fall, or sink.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 03:06:40 PM »
The temple is really a spaceship and Smokey needs to get inside in order to take off for his/her home far, far, away...

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
Smokey and Jacob appeared to be equals - so it's safe to assume that they're similar non-human beings...

We saw Jacob off-Island, unteracting with all the Losties. If Jacob isn't trapped on The Island, then it's probable that Smokey isn't either - and can also travel anywhere in the world.

So, I don't think The Island is a prison to him.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 04:33:12 PM »

Very cool theory! I edited to poll to reflect it. Feel free to change your votes as needed.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »

Very cool theory! I edited to poll to reflect it. Feel free to change your votes as needed.
Oooooh, I would change my vote to this one if I could!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 05:50:17 PM »

Oooooh, I would change my vote to this one if I could!

Sorry, I thought I set it up so you could change your votes if you wanted, but I must not have done it right.

Poll fail for me. Sorry.