Author Topic: So does Sun know English in the new timeline?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: So does Sun know English in the new timeline?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 04:21:44 AM »
So I assume the TSA female officer called Sun 'Miss Paik' because it was listed that way on her Oceanic ticket or her passport.....so I think she and Jin are not married in this alt timeline

Yeah, the syndicated reruns happened to be showing Season 5, Episode 1 and there's a scene where Sun is in an airport and gets detained by Widmore where she tells him that she wants to kill Ben Linus.  They show her passport -- ( can anybody furnish a screencap? ) -- and the woman checking it calls her, "Ms. Kwon".

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 10:19:49 AM »
So I assume the TSA female officer called Sun 'Miss Paik' because it was listed that way on her Oceanic ticket or her passport.....so I think she and Jin are not married in this alt timeline

Yeah, the syndicated reruns happened to be showing Season 5, Episode 1 and there's a scene where Sun is in an airport and gets detained by Widmore where she tells him that she wants to kill Ben Linus.  They show her passport -- ( can anybody furnish a screencap? ) -- and the woman checking it calls her, "Ms. Kwon".

BAM!!

there you go.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 02:35:23 PM »
sun didn't seem like she was a bride to be she seemed like she was miserable.  like someone who wanted to get divorced from Jin not like someone  who  wanted to get married to Jin. So if it is really the case that they are not married yet, then well maybe its an arranged marrage by her father, and Jin's not from a poor family in this timeline!  :o

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
She was lying.  I don't remember her bringing that money, but if it's true, then I guess she lied to avoid getting in trouble herself.  But my first instinct and it might still be true regardless of if the money is hers, is that she just wants Jin to get in trouble.  They laid that scene on a bit thick.

Jin brought the money, remember the guy in the bathroom (In Australia )told him he better not run.   Jin was plannning to escape from Sun's father.  So my guess is that is why he had that money and or his father in law also gave it to him to pay off what ever else he needed to do.

Sun speaks english and she wanted to leave Jin so this was a good opportunity - sorry didn't read the other posts...