Author Topic: Lost Book Club Speculations  (Read 698 times)

Offline DaveJohnson

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Lost Book Club Speculations
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:35:46 PM »
If Philip K Dick's "The Man in the High Castle" and/or Jorge Luis Borges' "Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" don't make a book club appearance this season I will be downright amazed. "Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" is a short story, so maybe hard to reference on screen, but if you haven't read it yet, do so!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Book Club Speculations
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:56:49 AM »
I've been saying since season 2 that Jorge Luis Borges is the answer to all things Lost... not just Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius, but The Garden of the Forking Paths, The Circular Ruins, A New Refutation of Time, etc. Borges did make an appearance though: He wrote the preface to Casares' "The Invention of Morel", which Sawyer reads in his DI bunk in season 4. TPTB like to mention things in a roundabout way, though. They showed Rushdie's Haroun and the Sea of Stories, but his Satanic Verses would also really relate to the show... They had Foucault's Pendulum, but didn't mention Eco's book of the same title, which is really related to the show as well. Then again, I can't see what Joyce's Ulysses has anything to do with it, unless it's just the Odysseus reference, which would mean Desmond.

Anyway... I hear ya.  ;)