Author Topic: The Flares  (Read 780 times)

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
The Flares
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
I've been seeing alot of chatter about the flares here but none of it is on what my first thoughts were... I thought the flare look VERY similar to the one that Sayid, Kate/Sawyer and Shannon set off in season 1 while trying to triangulate the singal for the transeiver. Did the others respond to those flares too? Did it cause the others to stir? Or did they just know what was up and blow it off.... It seemed to me the flares looked quite similar in the sky

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: The Flares
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 05:16:39 PM »
I seem to recall there used to be smoke signals that the 815ers would watch out for that would tell them if The Others were coming. Don't know if that's related.

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »
I seem to recall there used to be smoke signals that the 815ers would watch out for that would tell them if The Others were coming. Don't know if that's related.

The smoke signals were from Sayid when he, Jin and Sun went to the fake dharma station by boat when Michael convinced Jack Kate Sawyer and Hurley to go with him to look for Walt...

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »
Maybe they just knew the location of the flare and knew it was coming from the temple this time.  Or maybe they were watching the 815ers the first time and knew what they were up to so knew what to expect.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »

The smoke signals were from Sayid when he, Jin and Sun went to the fake dharma station by boat when Michael convinced Jack Kate Sawyer and Hurley to go with him to look for Walt...

I meant even before that. When they first crashed, they would see the smoke.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 02:17:20 PM »
Now I have never been able to understand how shooting a flare into the air at an arc corresponds to a location on the ground, but maybe Im just one of those people that will never get that kind of stuff. It seems to make sense that the others would know that the flare coming from that one part of the island would mean that something happened at the temple.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:50 PM »
I've been seeing alot of chatter about the flares here but none of it is on what my first thoughts were... I thought the flare look VERY similar to the one that Sayid, Kate/Sawyer and Shannon set off in season 1 while trying to triangulate the singal for the transeiver. Did the others respond to those flares too? Did it cause the others to stir? Or did they just know what was up and blow it off.... It seemed to me the flares looked quite similar in the sky
Why not? That might even be one of the reasons for the hatred the others had with the survivors.