Author Topic: "Good to see you out of those chains"  (Read 3457 times)

Offline hackgrid

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "Good to see you out of those chains"
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »
If we are to take the chains comment literally why hasn't MIB seen Richard in the last couple hundered years?  Actually, regardless of how he meant it, how have these two not seen each other?

I guess MIB lived in "Jacobs cabin" until Ben and Locke visited him. The ash ring appeared to be intact before the entered the cabin, maybe one them (Locke?) damaged the ring so that MIB could get out. Richard knew that MIB was in the cabin but never told Ben about it because he hoped Ben would never find it - Ben found it by chance and used it to make it appear like Jacob would talk to him inside there.

I just wonder who was the smoke monster we have seen before they broke into the cabin - there has to be more "smoke monsters" on the island, I guess Jacob and MIB belong to that kind...maybe Richard too? Cerberus has three heads...

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 09:26:44 PM »
My first thought was when we saw the ever-impeccable Richard dressed like a pirate in Ben's youth... In retrospect, he looked like an escaped prisoner.

However... Seeing as Flocke is actually the Black Smoke Monster, I find it odd that he'd be unaware of Richard's activities - you know, that Smoke Monster really did the rounds... Has Richard ever mentioned encountering the Smoke Monster?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »
My first thought was when we saw the ever-impeccable Richard dressed like a pirate in Ben's youth... In retrospect, he looked like an escaped prisoner.

However... Seeing as Flocke is actually the Black Smoke Monster, I find it odd that he'd be unaware of Richard's activities - you know, that Smoke Monster really did the rounds... Has Richard ever mentioned encountering the Smoke Monster?

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MANGO)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  I am going to be in your neck of the woods this May and expect to have that pint or more and to be huggled by Lil ........   I am bringing goodies so if they are legal let me know. PM or FB me.

Okay thanks for that picture and frankly by the way Flocke (like that) knocked him out and took him over his shoulder like the boar.  So we can say that Richard and MIB/Smokey know each other. ;) :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »
I am bringing goodies so if they are legal let me know. PM or FB me.

Don't go swallowing condoms filled with heroin! :D

I'll p.m. you at the weekend.  :)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »
I am bringing goodies so if they are legal let me know. PM or FB me.

Don't go swallowing condoms filled with heroin! :D

I'll p.m. you at the weekend.  :)

Okay and I gave up the heroine years ago!  Iwill be staying in Preston and we will be out and about in Lakes Region. I am trying to get a self catering time share from parents but we will see

(((((((((((mango))))))))))))))

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »
Thats good, I was thinking  that Man in Black had him as a prisoner or slave and Jacob saved him and gave him eternal life.
Or no longer bound to Jacob?

It could be a figurative line, but I'm not so sure. Richard said "YOU!" like it's been a VERY long time since he's seen/heard from this man in black. Anybody have any theories as to who this might be? There's a history...

The way he said "you" sounded to me more like he never expected to see him again. This kind of makes me wonder if Richard knew that Smokie was Esau.