Author Topic: Theory about everything works together  (Read 3363 times)

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Theory about everything works together
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 06:23:33 AM »
Essentially Season 6 = Course Correction I believe, but I don't like it, if this is right, which won't take long to work out, then we'll know who is going to die and what is going to happen to whom in the LA X timeline. Just as a back up to this theorem, Jack gives wheelchair Locke a card, saying that nothing is irreversible, Locke may well end up walking again in that time line as he would on the island timeline.... We'll see...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »
Essentially Season 6 = Course Correction I believe, but I don't like it, if this is right, which won't take long to work out, then we'll know who is going to die and what is going to happen to whom in the LA X timeline. Just as a back up to this theorem, Jack gives wheelchair Locke a card, saying that nothing is irreversible, Locke may well end up walking again in that time line as he would on the island timeline.... We'll see...

Glad to see you back Blackstring and good points.  I keep saying what happened on the island season one is happening with the LAX plane to some degree.  But we will soon have this played out as you mentioned.

Offline lostboy99

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
great post! I don't do too well coming up with theories myself, so I always rely on others!! I just checked out some from Al Trautwig that I thought were pretty interesting. http://blogs.msg.com/themonitor/2010/02/04/al-trautwigs-lost-thoughts-episode-1-and-2-la-x/

Offline Tekkaman

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »
The bomb went off resulting in the new timeline we see in LA

But at the same time that the bomb went off a flash forward in time occured sending them back to 2007 or so, with the result that the losties continued on their original timeline.

So there are two timelines now.

If the bomb went off without the flashforward and killed the losties, there would only be one timeline where the plane never crashed.

It is quite simple in a complicated way

Offline Shivy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 10:10:06 PM »
Forget Desmond, why was Hurley on the plane?

Hurley won the lottery by using the numbers that originated on the island - without the numbers, he wouldn't have hit the lottery. It would seem to be a monumental coincidence that it would be Hurley who would win the lottery with those or any other numbers in the new timeline.

If "it worked" and everything was righted by the bomb and it sent the island underwater and freed our losties from crashing on the island, how does Hurley become a lottery winner? I've commented further on this in the "Hurley" and "What happened" subjects, but I don't want to get irritating and repeat the whole thing again here.

I don't think the numbers originated on the island, we don't know their full purpose yet.  Hurley got the numbers from the man in the mental hospital, he won the lottery before he was on flight 815.  When he played the numbers bad stuff started happening and he went to Australia to try and remove the curse.  He then saw the numbers on the hatch door and freaked because he thought it meant the hatch was bad.

I don't know what to think of the alternate timelines.  I don't think they coinside with eachother- I think they are truely 2 different worlds.

Offline hackgrid

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »
I don't think the numbers originated on the island

Ding Ding Ding ;)