Author Topic: Jack  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Jack
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
LostFromTheStart had a good answer for this.  In the LA X timeline, the island was underwater after the 1977 explosion, so the island wasn't there to pull Desmond's boat off-course during his around-the-world race.  He finished his race, relaxed in Australia for awhile, and then was on 815 flying home to LA.

Nice thinking !

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »
LostFromTheStart had a good answer for this.  In the LA X timeline, the island was underwater after the 1977 explosion, so the island wasn't there to pull Desmond's boat off-course during his around-the-world race.  He finished his race, relaxed in Australia for awhile, and then was on 815 flying home to LA.

Nice thinking !

Love this, but still not sure why we never see Des get off the plane.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 05:13:23 PM »
But desmond was never on the plane to begin with. He was there on the island with his boat. Although the island is sunken (meaning he could not stay on the island) , why the hell is he on that plane and not on a boat if everything should turn back to normal ?
you call this normal? don't get caught in that trap... nothing is normal just b/c the island sunk in 1977. we are made to think that f the plane never crashes, none of this misery on island ever happens, etc... people who die don't die, etc...
in actuality, the plane not crashing can't change what everyone's fate is. they'll all be just as messed up as ever.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »

Nice thinking !

Love this, but still not sure why we never see Des get off the plane.

We didn't see a lot of people get off the plane (or even on it). Don't know if actors couldn't come back or if it was part of the plan of the show, but Shannon, Eko, Ana Lucia, Michael, Walt (for obvious reasons) weren't on the plane in that episode.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »
Since this is a Jack thread, let'd discuss the big issues - like what happened to his hair? No more 2004 buzz cut, he's still rocking out in his 1970's Dharma hair with graying sideburns. What's up with that?

Also, the island is under water in 2004, when flight 316 is flying over it. It's above water in 2007 after Jacob was killed and we're all hanging out in the Temple with undead Sayid.

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
That was my feeling, too.  Although why Jack.  As stated, it seems he might suddenly be the man of faith...
I felt like TPTB focussed on Jack but I sensed they all had a wee bit of Deja Island Vu. What struck a nerve was how comfortable they all were with each other for relative strangers.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »

Nice thinking !

Wasn't he on the island for several years before the Losties show up?  That's a long time to hang out after a race.

Offline horseshoe_crab

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »

Nice thinking !

Wasn't he on the island for several years before the Losties show up?  That's a long time to hang out after a race.

If the island blew up in the 70s, would Widmore have sponsored the race, searching for the island?  No race, no Des.

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:07 PM »
But desmond was never on the plane to begin with. He was there on the island with his boat. Although the island is sunken (meaning he could not stay on the island) , why the hell is he on that plane and not on a boat if everything should turn back to normal ?
you call this normal? don't get caught in that trap... nothing is normal just b/c the island sunk in 1977. we are made to think that f the plane never crashes, none of this misery on island ever happens, etc... people who die don't die, etc...
in actuality, the plane not crashing can't change what everyone's fate is. they'll all be just as messed up as ever.

Normal = the plane lands as it should be ..

But the characters still carry in there unconsciousness the experiences they had on the island..
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:26:10 AM by Xentro »

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 07:07:27 PM »
Seemed to me that it was more of a deja vu kind of thing. Maybe not even Deja Vu, but like when something is familiar for some reason, and you just can't place it. I get the feeling we will be seeing Jack's "Do I know you" face alot this season. LOL

Remember when Desmond was running up and down the stadium bleachers and met Jack then?  I was thinking that's how Jack remembered him.

That scene was weird to me because in the Swam both were in a much more stressful situation, fearing for their lives and yet BOTH remembered the day Sarah suffered surgery and Des left in the Elizabeth.
Why NOW in much more easy situation, they don't remember each other? That looked so weird.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »
Since this is a Jack thread, let'd discuss the big issues - like what happened to his hair? No more 2004 buzz cut, he's still rocking out in his 1970's Dharma hair with graying sideburns. What's up with that?

I also got the impression that when Jack looked at himself in the mirror on the plane that he was noticing he was older. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »

I also got the impression that when Jack looked at himself in the mirror on the plane that he was noticing he was older. 
YES! I said this too... he looks old! and I think it was on purpose like he didn't recognize himself. compare to what's his name that never ages... discuss!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 12:28:06 AM »

YES! I said this too... he looks old! and I think it was on purpose like he didn't recognize himself. compare to what's his name that never ages... discuss!

"what's his name that never ages"?? Really?? Come on now, how long have we been watching the show.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:45 AM »

"what's his name that never ages"?? Really?? Come on now, how long have we been watching the show.

Hurley......? 

just kidding

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 03:44:52 AM »
compare to what's his name that never ages... discuss!

lol wtf...