Author Topic: Why do we know Jacob's name but not MIB's name?  (Read 8652 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we know Jacob's name but not MIB's name?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
What you said ... huh?!? never mind Bob just think of  good things about LOST tonight

You know, that's my fault, I forget that all caps means I'm yelling. Totally didn't mean to imply that I'm yelling at you or anything. Sometimes the internet sucks all the fun out of being me. LOL We are in total agreement though, Kate sucks...every guy on the island. BURN!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, but seriously, Kate is terrible, and we both hate her, yes yes?? Good good.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
What you said ... huh?!? never mind Bob just think of  good things about LOST tonight

You know, that's my fault, I forget that all caps means I'm yelling. Totally didn't mean to imply that I'm yelling at you or anything. Sometimes the internet sucks all the fun out of being me. LOL We are in total agreement though, Kate sucks...every guy on the island. BURN!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, but seriously, Kate is terrible, and we both hate her, yes yes?? Good good.

I didn't think you were yelling I was referring to my beating a dead horse... I thought you were agreeing with me there.  Yeah we need speech recognition on these things

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
LOL, I give up.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »
Upon rethinking I am starting to beleive that MIB is actually Jacob - afterall Ben never saw Jacob and so in a nice twist in taking out his frustrations against Jacob could have killed Jacob's nemesis for him!
We only have Jacob and MIB's word for it that the white shirt guy is Jacob but no-one except maybe Locke has seen Jacob - and upon reflection the Jacob we know could be the imposter and now Jacob is in fact using Locke as his vessel?
Just thinking out loud but stranger things have happened......

I've only just come across this thread. I don't think that M.I.B. is masquerading as Jacob, or who we believe to be Jacob and M.I.B. is actually vice-versa.

I think that M.I.B. and Jacob are the same person.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10278.0.html

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
Ah, once again the Twin Peaks thing - One and the same.........

Yeah, I like that idea.

In fact, anyone who remembers Twin Peaks will remember the 'She's my cousin, but dosent she look almost exactly like Laura Palmer?' - kind of like the on Island/ Off Island tangent we have going on....
In fact you could be onto something - Twin Peaks showed the Black Lodge, 25 years later, with Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer in it, LP who was murdered 25 years earlier - could suggest everything happens for a reason, you cant change whats supposed to happen.... Wow Bob Wow!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
Ah, once again the Twin Peaks thing - One and the same.........

I couldn't even begin to try and analyse Twin Peaks. It was just mind-boggling. I loved the show at the time though.

Even now, it's still bloody creepy. Just the soundscapes from the logging factories and the wind through the trees are enough to creep me out... a constant hum of menace.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »
I can just imagine TPTB on the phone to David Lynch... then putting it down exclaiming 'he is just weird!'  ;D
And are you sure it was the wind blowing through the tree's and not Bob manifesting into a smoke monster?

On a serious note, it was a great show, baffling at times but IMO alot easier to understand than our present nemisis Lost........  ???

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
Oh you made my head hurt................please do not go there..........ohhhhh noooooooooooooooo Lil running from this thread pulling her hair and looking for Advil