Author Topic: Is Jacob now in Sayid's body?  (Read 5391 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jacob now in Sayid's body?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 12:36:55 PM »
When Hurley and Miles were bent over Sayid's body it looked like Miles was trying to get some words from Sayid's spirit.  Hurley asked him "What is it?" or words to that effect.  Miles said "Nothing".  I think he couldn't hear Sayid, so maybe Sayid wasn't all the way dead.
I'm still wondering what Jacob's last words meant.  He said "They're coming."

Those are very similar to Mr. Eko's last words too -- he said (via Locke's translation)  "We're next," or "You're next," didn't he?  Both those phrases have me wondering.

I agree with both you and Juggy, that the reason Miles looked so disturbed was because he couldn't "feel" anything coming from Sayid, and he knew he should've, if Sayid truly was dead.  Sayid wasn't dead.  But, I also don't think Sayid is really Sayid anymore either, just like Ben wasn't the same kid he was before he was shot and taken into the Temple, either.  The water "does something" to you besides just heal you, I'm afraid...

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »
The reality is that none of us really know and that is the true beauty of LOST. Lil I agree, I like sayid just the way he is; part ruthless militant and part soft girly-man that cries at the drop of a hat. Sayid was for sure not all the way dead and the water being not clear, hmmm? what was that about? Smokey/UnLocke was certainly rallying up the crowd on the beach. Richard being knocked out by smokey without a fight was a surprise though. I will say that whether Jacob needs a body or not, that fact that Benjamin Slimus killed him definitely changes any further use of his current corporeal body. Either, he is in the spirit world and Hurley is the one that can see and speak to dead people (Miles, I think only hears them) so he will be the one and guide in this conflict that ends up leading the Others at some point this season. Or, Jacob is about embody someone real quick and get the party started. Remember, we got a war on our hands and it looks to build up to some serious drama and who else other than Sayid knows about war. Lines of ash everywhere, they were running around like crazy, and it seemed that the beach conversation in the beginning of the season 5  finale, perhaps implies that they knew all of this the whole time. Then that leads us the the whole timeline alt-universe things. Total head scratchers, I love it!

The reality is also that Damon and Carlton answered this question on Jimmy Kimmel.  Is that a spoiler?  Well, they didn't ANSWER it completely, but they did say who it is NOT.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »
When Hurley and Miles were bent over Sayid's body it looked like Miles was trying to get some words from Sayid's spirit.  Hurley asked him "What is it?" or words to that effect.  Miles said "Nothing".  I think he couldn't hear Sayid, so maybe Sayid wasn't all the way dead.
I'm still wondering what Jacob's last words meant.  He said "They're coming."

Those are very similar to Mr. Eko's last words too -- he said (via Locke's translation)  "We're next," or "You're next," didn't he?  Both those phrases have me wondering.

I agree with both you and Juggy, that the reason Miles looked so disturbed was because he couldn't "feel" anything coming from Sayid, and he knew he should've, if Sayid truly was dead.  Sayid wasn't dead.  But, I also don't think Sayid is really Sayid anymore either, just like Ben wasn't the same kid he was before he was shot and taken into the Temple, either.  The water "does something" to you besides just heal you, I'm afraid...

Madame P, this line of thinking fits into what I heard D&C say about Sayid.  I like it....it could very well make sense.  In whatever convoluted and strange way that LOST makes sense, that is!  LOL

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
Soon this will be layed to rest

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »
We're all assuming that Smokey wants to get into The Temple. The other Others seem to be protecting the actual building, as well as themselves.

We also know that Smokey wants to go home.

It's not beyond reason that The Temple offers a way for Smokey to travel home.

We know that parallel universes are part of the Lost reality. It's likely that "home" for Smokey is in a parallel universe.

So... I'm thinking that the Sayid whom awoke in The Temple may now have the consciousness of the other version of himself from the parallel universe.

Actually, I don't think this will be the case, because it'd be too hard to cram into 40-odd minutes of the next Kate-centric episode... But I thought it, so I wrote it down. lol
Here is the quote

BEN: What do you want?

LOCKE: Well that's the great irony here Ben because, I want the one thing that John Locke didn't. I want to go home.

So yeah, thats what I got out of it too MangoB, it's that Locke wanted on island, not off island, so the phrasing sounds to me that MIB wants off island, the opposite of Locke...and the Temple is the way to off island.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
So Jacob is not in Sayids body

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 03:56:20 PM »
Seems like it, but something is still going on. I am not sure if I believe exactly what Dogun said about it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »
Dogen said it was an infection and somehow I believe that.  If it was Jacob why would he want to kill him.  he warned the island about something/one and richard was not happy.

No matter what it is - it is doing a good job of imitating Sayid. 

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 04:12:05 AM »
I agree with both you and Juggy, that the reason Miles looked so disturbed was because he couldn't "feel" anything coming from Sayid, and he knew he should've, if Sayid truly was dead.  Sayid wasn't dead.

I really do think that The Island healed him - not Jacob's spring.