Author Topic: Ash Ring  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Ash Ring
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:55:42 AM »
so, we now know that the ash ring is to keep out smokey/ protect whomever is in it right?  well, what about when the ring was around the cabin.  christian was INSIDE.  so if christian was smokey, how did he get there?  and how did he get out?  if smokey wasn't christian, then was that real christian?  or maybe a manifestation of jacob?

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Ash Ring
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »
I was wondering the same thing LB.  But at one point, didn't the ash ring get disturbed.  ???

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:58:24 AM »
I though Hurley may have disturbed the ash ring when he found the cabin? But I don't remember when that was timeline wise.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:58:30 AM »
The ash ring around the cabin was keeping smokey/MIB/Christian inside.   Someone split the ring and he was aloowed to escape. 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
I was wondering the same thing LB.  But at one point, didn't the ash ring get disturbed.  ???
i can't remember.  

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:59:29 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if whatever Ben & Co. used to call Smokey, had a direct tunnel from under the cabin.  Subsequently, Smokie was "controlled" by them....
I have a feeling we are going to find out how that ash ring wound up around that house...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 01:00:16 AM »
The ash ring around the cabin was keeping smokey/MIB/Christian inside.   Someone split the ring and he was aloowed to escape. 
but then why would it be "jacob's cabin"?  why would that be the place they would go to speak to jacob?  

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 01:01:26 AM »
Are the ashes different colors?

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 01:02:06 AM »
I don't know if I remember this correctly, but remember when Hurley found the cabin? I've always thought the ash was broken when Hurley ran away from cabin.. Cos it was only after that we saw Christian in the cabin.

On the other hand, Christian appeared to Sun and I'm not really sure why he would do that.. Unless that was really Christian. Which is impossible, right???

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »
Are the ashes different colors?
just different shades of ash maybe.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 01:03:47 AM »
I though Hurley may have disturbed the ash ring when he found the cabin? But I don't remember when that was timeline wise.

Yes, you're right.  I think it was the night that Hurley stumbled upon the cabin and got spooked.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 01:05:05 AM »
but then why would it be "jacob's cabin"?  why would that be the place they would go to speak to jacob?  

Who has called it Jacobs cabin other then Ben and people that Ben told that it was Jacobs cabing.   Remember Ben never saw jacob before the statue.  he didnt even know that Jacob lived in the statue.  he thought he lived in the cabin.   Also remember Locke heard  someone in the cabin say HELP ME.  To me that says way back then they were planting the seed that Whoever was in the cabin was gonna use Locke.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 01:07:56 AM »

Ben told us it was Jacob's cabin.  Ben is a liar and never even saw Jacob...  I'm startin to think that either Ben didn't know Jacob didn't "live" there, or he did know but felt he would be safe around Nemesis because until recently Nemesis could not take corporeal form.  

Offline devenezy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 01:12:44 AM »
It was Jacob's cabin at some point. Remember, Ilana first went to the cabin looking for Jacob, then remarked that someone else had been using the cabin. She saw a portion of Jacob's tapestry, which led her to the statue to find Jacob.

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 01:17:21 AM »
MIB could not have been trapped in the cabin since obviously, Smokey was out and about, killing Eko among others.. Jacob couldn't have been trapped in the cabin since he was taking trips to the mainland all the time. Maybe something not someone was hidden in the cabin. And whatever that something was, MIB wasn't supposed to get to it. But when the ash was disturbed, things went south.