2 (7.7%)
1 (3.8%)
2 (7.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Episode 6 x 1, 6 x 2 Rating  (Read 5453 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6 x 1, 6 x 2 Rating
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »
It's old "It's a TEN" Laklost signing in.  I need a 10, a 10- and a 10+ and then higher numbers to express my appreciation for the show. But I never watch for "answers."  I just want to see what is next.

I thought the story showed a great concern for the characters.  It's willing to give them what they've asked for. They wanted to leave the island, live like they'd never gotten there.  The writers are suggesting something huge about our lives - we can't erase anything that's happened - even the worst - without undoing the whole fabric.  I loved the fact that Jack was all happy on the plane - but miles below him he had sunk the island.  Yes, that's how consequential our decisions, our loves, and especially our suffering is.  I was totally satisfied that they gave us the big 'What If' LAX and then a continuation of the island story.  I want to know everything that is in the writers' minds about these characters.

I love watching it online and recommend it.  Commercials are death to the human mind and they're storykillers.  Boo!

I agree with AlwaysLost -- the music is glorious, magnificent, transcendant.  So is the acting.  Terry O'Quinn is a complete genius. 

I loved the temple.  I have wanted to see it for years and I was impressed and satisfied.  That was a brilliant bit of set building.  The production elements were superb.  The whole crew is on their A game and will be for the whole season.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 01:37:29 PM »
I am confused that people think that this episode revealed that Locke was smokie/man in black. That was told to us last season. That was the loophole they talked about. That was not new to me at all.

I just don't see answer when there are still questions. Richard might be from the black Rock. They hint at this but it is not an answer.

We invested a couple of years seeing the oceanic 6 off the island. Now that stuff did not happen or did it. The alternative timelines is kind of a cop out. Producers can't decide which story to tell so they tell them both. I trust the show and am looking forward to where it is going but season 6 has started out slow.
i don't remember them revealing that notLocke was smokie?  but, they probably would have had to hit me over the head with it or flashed it in big letters for me to have made the connection at the end of last season (think:  newborn, lack of sleep, no brains for me). 

I'm with you on richard being from the black rock.  they are hinting at it, but haven't really answered the question yet.

as for the last part of your post, I AGREE WITH JUGGY.  i feel like the alternative timeline is such a cop out.  just tell the story already.  wrap it up, don't keep taking us on strange tangents. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 09:36:12 PM »
I gave it a 9, and this is coming from a "give it a 10" person. It was a really good episode, but I was looking for something a little different... like what happened with Desmond? Kinda confusing there. Why do we only see Claire for a half of a second? Shoulda been a half hour of Claire. That sorta thing. I was also a little annoyed with the Sawyer-Jack thing, and Kate seemed worthless in this episode, when she CLEARLY is not worthless. Maybe it's just me.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »
I rated this a five.
Final season this is now time for the writers to rise to the top of their game.

Smokey = Locke why after all this time we are going have this happen. Okay perphaps this has been alluded to over time but what the heck.  Jus a cop out a total cop out on the use of the smoke monster.  I liked it better as island security.  And it is all upset cause it wants to go home PLEASE if that is part of the argument then let us go on.

Time lines- figure that this is like the movie Clue (1985)  where they provided the alternative endings and perhaps the creative geniuses behind this show want to give us all what we want.  If that is the case go forth make all happy that you can.  Frankly I can see why they are doing this so at the end both lines will meet and it can conclude.  Yes giving them the benefit of the doubt.
But I think that it shows us how they went on with their lives is this were not to happen.  Kate rolls eyes at Sawyer no attraction there, she just wants to continue running and smack dab into Claire, so ponder this was she to meet up with Claire regardless.  Was Jack to be the man of science for Locke no matter, the both lost something, interesting.  Charlie he knows he has to die.  And did Desmond become a temporal policeman jogging Jacks memory just a bit to remember what he is suppose to do?  I could go on but you know what I mean.

Hugo is a comic relief to this show and is a needed character so he is just worth raising  toast to.  The unsung hero the one that brings more reason than most and no one has angst with him.
Sayid the one man who does not believe he should live, is brought back to life.  And a friend and his wife, off SWLS, said did you see his arms on the stretcher out like "Christ"?  Opens a new question is it Sayid or is it yet another entity?

Oh and we found Cindy, Zach and his sister.  Not an answer I really was worried about, we knew they were well taken care of on the island.
Nice to see the temple but I found it odd that they didn't know about this group of Losties.  Didn't Richard or Ben communciate with them.  If they are all Jacobs followers what is the deal?

I could ramble on but this is not a 10 it fits in the middle the content was okay but it dragged so long I fell asleep last 10 to 15 minutes, but of course that was to the large amount of commercials.

Now to read what you all wrote ;D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »
oh I agree sick of Jack/Saywer/Kate let us move on.

Juggy I never believed that smokey was MIB I am not happy with this, cop out!  Ben released him so does Ben know who he is?  Also MIB knocked out Richard is he a friend of MIB?  What gives with that.... so yes, I was duped on htis one!

Glad to see that they could bring most of the cast back on the plane and good explain on shannon not there, it released Boone from his desires for his step sister and threw him back to rich boy status drinking his lust away ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 10:53:51 AM »
Watched it again last night and my opinion did not change. Very slow moving especially the island time line. Waste of time having to dig Juliet out and having her die again just to say "It worked". Could of had her say it to Miles anyways if she was just dead. Also, who has a chain that long in the back of their van??

Hate the guy in charge of the temple. Stupid translation made for very long scenes. Really dragged that out. Just have him talk or put text up to read.

The scenes at the foot are getting to long also. Locke wants to see you richard, Why, don't know, you go in, just tell me blah blah blah

We have limited time left lets get the story moving here!

Positives. Did enjoy off island better. Liked seeing some of the old people back. Locke does an amazing job of being crazy smokie MIB to wheel chair bound sad sack. Should win an emmy again. Like how they are showing that their lives would of intersected even if the plane did not crash.

I am even more disappointed with this episode than the first time. I hope they pick up their game as the season continues.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »
Watched it again last night and my opinion did not change. Very slow moving especially the island time line. Waste of time having to dig Juliet out and having her die again just to say "It worked". Could of had her say it to Miles anyways if she was just dead. Also, who has a chain that long in the back of their van??
another reason for five. they have a shiny new gazillion foot chain that just happens to get her out of there.  oh Juggy I so agree

Hate the guy in charge of the temple. Stupid translation made for very long scenes. Really dragged that out. Just have him talk or put text up to read.
well English tastes bad on his mouth, so find another actor.  I was waiting for hidden tiger flying dragon and NINJA's to start coming out of temple ;)

The scenes at the foot are getting to long also. Locke wants to see you richard, Why, don't know, you go in, just tell me blah blah blah are you saying it lacked sole?  Or they were all being heels. 

We have limited time left lets get the story moving here!

Positives. Did enjoy off island better. Liked seeing some of the old people back. Locke does an amazing job of being crazy smokie MIB to wheel chair bound sad sack. Should win an emmy again. Like how they are showing that their lives would of intersected even if the plane did not crash.

I am even more disappointed with this episode than the first time. I hope they pick up their game as the season continues.

Awe Juggy for season finale premiere it was in need of some punching up.  Content lacked the get up and go and we need to get his moving as there is little time left, I so agree.  I mean I fell asleep that is bad ::) ??? :o

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »
I agree with lil

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »
I agree with lil

Don't agree with me to much... ;) 

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 11:22:35 AM »
I gave it an 8.  I wish they were not doing the alternate timeline thing, but I am willing to roll with them, give the writers the benefit of the doubt, and enjoy it.  I refuse to let myself be disappointed.  They've made other weird ideas work in the past, so hopefully they can make it work again.

Although there were not many overt answers, there was a TON of information to digest from these two hours, and my head is spinning.  There was just too much, so minus another point for that.

But although we did not get clear answers to mysteries -- remember, this is Lost, they give you the pieces of the puzzle and you have to fit them together -- the story line did move forward, and I enjoyed that.  We got clues about Richard maybe being on the black rock, we definitively know that Smokey is a "who" and not a "what," Hurley became a leader, Ben was completely flabbergasted the whole episode, Jack felt tremendous guilt, etc.
I basically agree with everything, and I don't want to rewrite it when you've already done it for me.  ;D

Another thing that was weird for me is that it felt like a finale, not a premiere. Or maybe it felt like the rest of last season's finale.  :-\ They didn't spend a lot of time setting stuff up for us like they usually do, they didn't use a lot of exposition or explanation. With the exception of Juliet dying like EIGHT TIMES. Maybe that was just TPTB's way of saying, "Look, she's really dead, stop speculating about it, Elizabeth Mitchell is on another show now." But that seems like a cop out, too.

I know a lot of people are talking about the Christian references in this episode, but I was struck by other mythology: Richard in chains like Prometheus, the Central American/Southeast Asian looking temple, the Temple-People's clothing, the ankh, the ash, etc.

Seeing everyone on 815 again was weird. It just didn't feel right. I know it's probably not supposed to. This means that, even though they changed things, nearly all our Losties were still on that flight. It's thrilling to see them in this alternate timeline, but I'm really glad the first storyline is continuing, too. As long as it's just these two timelines, I think my brain will be okay.

Absolutely loved "flabbergasted Ben", as E.S.B. puts it. I think it's one of the only times we'll see him with his WTF-face, actually letting his emotions come through.

Offline lostcause

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »
I think the end is near. It was worth an eight because,I've watched from the begining and will watch to the end. Sometimes stuff if just stuff. Sometimes stuff matters. our job is to figure it out.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 10:56:31 PM »
Richard in chains is a reference to something else in my mind. 

Also there were some good easter eggs there and I was laughing at who wasn't on the plane who showed up on the plane and the fact that well, the island is under water.....

Specifically Michael, Walt, Libby, Ana Lucia, Claire .....yes, we see her after but reset or not they were on the plane originally
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:01:42 PM by Wild Lil »

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 01:56:58 AM »
I gave it a 9.  I really enjoy the juxtaposition of the island with the alternate story, even though it is against my personal time travel beliefs.  It makes it feel more like the entire show is a chiasmus.