Author Topic: Island Under Water?  (Read 6864 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Island Under Water?
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 12:40:59 AM »
That's not a dumb question at all! For a while, I thought the island might be on the back of a turtle, like that episode of Aladdin, lol.

After the 2 timelines...I wouldn't be suprised if Morla pops his head up.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, 12:45:56 AM »
That's not a dumb question at all! For a while, I thought the island might be on the back of a turtle, like that episode of Aladdin, lol.

After the 2 timelines...I wouldn't be suprised if Morla pops his head up.
or, it looks like Sayid came back we really DO have S6 ZOMBIESEASON!!! lol

#1Donkeywheel
#2healing Pond
#3sayid back from dead? Zombie season
#4back of a turtle

now which of those sounds odd....LOL

but we did hear Richard(the guy that doesnt age #5) he's never seen anyone come back from the dead...

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 02:42:41 AM »
OK, this is dumb, but I'm going to just say it anyways.

An island is really nothing more than a mountain in the ocean where the peak is above sea level. If you set off a hydrogen bomb, it will create a big ass crater like at the Bikini Atoll, but it won't sink an island to the bottom of the ocean.

Soooo, is the Island really an island? (Told you it was dumb)

That's not dumb at all.  I was wondering the same thing -- I'm no expert, but can you really sink an island?  (I mean, I know we're not dealing with a "regular" island here obviously, but still...)  It's not like the island is a waterlily or something, and if you break the stem it'll sink.  (Or is it?  *cue ominous music*)

I was posting about this on another thread when I saw this one...  I'm wondering "when" we are now.  The Ajira people (Ben/Sun/Lapidus/Un-Locke) obviously were in 2007.  Jack/Kate/Hurley, etc. were in 1977, until Juliet smashed the bomb and they time-shifted to... sometime (must be after 2004 because they're looking at the Swan Hatch remnants, which Desmond blew up a few months after Sept. 2004, when Oceanic 815 flew over.)  But yet, they showed us a shot of alt-815 flying over a submerged island.  How did the island get submerged before Desmond had even blown the Hatch yet?  Did it pop back up temporarily so we could have the events we've been watching for the last five seasons?  Seems to me like this is definite proof of two alternate realities, in case anyone is still doubting...

And further... can part of the island time-shift while another part of it doesn't?  We don't see the Ajira people having any time-shift effects, and yet the Jack crew clearly time-shifted, and they're both in the same time now because they're all seeing the fireworks Lennon fired all at the same time.  Odd.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:45:57 AM by Madam P »

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »
No, they were the only ones shifted and the time was well-established if you force the memory a little.
Jacob's ghost tells Hurley they are 1 hour after he was stabbed by Ben.
The morning after Dogan fires a flare the others on Jacob's home see.
They are 100% surely at the same time, back to the Ajira landing.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, 02:57:28 AM »
I figured it out Optimus... thanks, though.  I think I'm suffering from lack of sleep and too much Sudafed.  LOL.  So ignore that last paragraph, there.   :-[

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 02:04:52 PM »
OK, this is dumb, but I'm going to just say it anyways.

An island is really nothing more than a mountain in the ocean where the peak is above sea level. If you set off a hydrogen bomb, it will create a big ass crater like at the Bikini Atoll, but it won't sink an island to the bottom of the ocean.

Soooo, is the Island really an island? (Told you it was dumb)

Not dumb at all....most islands don't move.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
If we can have flash-sideways with the characters, why can't we have flash-sideways with the island?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 04:35:12 PM »
If we can have flash-sideways with the characters, why can't we have flash-sideways with the island?

We kinda did I think, hence the Island being at the bottom of the Pacific in the sideflash. Unless thats what you meant, in which case I'll just shut up now.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 04:41:10 PM »

We kinda did I think, hence the Island being at the bottom of the Pacific in the sideflash. Unless thats what you meant, in which case I'll just shut up now.

:)

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »
The Ajira folks and the rest of the others didnt flash with Jack, Kate etc. because they never flashed through time to begin with.   When the flashes started it was Jin, Sawyer, Juliet, Locke, Miles who flashed.  The rest of the island's inhabitants did not move through time.   When flight 316 arrived on the island Kate, Jack and Hurley flashed to 1977 while Sun, Ben and the rest were in the present.   Hence they would not have flashed because they were where they belonged "in time" to begin with.   

Offline CirsR

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
there are 2 timelines

in one, the bomb went off, the island sinks and the plane lands

in the other the bomb didn't go off, a time flash happened that sent Jack, Kate and the rest to 2007 to be with the everyone else in their "normal" time line

If the bomb didn't go off then how did a time flash go off that sends Jack, Kate etc to 2007? Too much of a coincidence to think this just randomly happened.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
there are 2 timelines

in one, the bomb went off, the island sinks and the plane lands

in the other the bomb didn't go off, a time flash happened that sent Jack, Kate and the rest to 2007 to be with the everyone else in their "normal" time line

If the bomb didn't go off then how did a time flash go off that sends Jack, Kate etc to 2007? Too much of a coincidence to think this just randomly happened.

the release of the electromagnetic energy caused it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2010, 05:43:48 PM »
Could the sunken island just be an illusion -
could there be three time lines 1977, 2004 and 2007  we know we were dealing with 1977 and 2007 when Ajira landed so there is an off chance?

Offline imcrazy0088

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
this may be totally wrong, but lost is mind#$%ing everyone so i'll go ahead. could the island underwater have any relation to when the island moved? you know how there were ripples in the water as if it had sunk? what happens after the whole donkey wheel thing, weve got time flashes, which makes sense because in the current time the island is underwater. someone refute this, or back it up whatever

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 12:55:23 AM »
this may be totally wrong, but lost is mind#$%ing everyone so i'll go ahead. could the island underwater have any relation to when the island moved? you know how there were ripples in the water as if it had sunk? what happens after the whole donkey wheel thing, weve got time flashes, which makes sense because in the current time the island is underwater. someone refute this, or back it up whatever
It looks like in the alternate timeline, the island is underwater. It can't be underwater in 2008 in the first timeline, because Sun, Frank, Hurley, Jack, etc are walking around on it. If it went underwater in the first timeline when Ben turned the wheel, that's still after the 815 crash, so the crash wouldn't have just flown over it.  :-\ Not sure if that entirely makes sense...