Author Topic: "Good to see you out of those chains"  (Read 5722 times)

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: "Good to see you out of those chains"
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »
Yeah, I am likin' the theory that Jacob has taken over Sayid's body -- like MIB has somehow "used" Locke's persona (but not his actual body) to take over too.

So, will this Jacob/MIB rivalry continue on forever? Has it already been going on forever? (Egyptians, etc.) And we're seeing only the most recent incarnation?

That'd explain Jacob and MIB sitting on the beach last season watching a ship coming in, knowing they'd seen this all before. The modern-day version is the plane landing, and the subs coming -- people always showing up, in whatever mode of transportation they have at the time.

And Jacob and MIB continue to struggle against each other above the fray....using the folks who show up to try to outdo each other.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 01:27:06 AM »
Where else would "home" be? Underwater like in the opening sequence?

Smokey-Locke's face morphed into such an evil-looking visage when he said that line, my first thought was "He's Satan - he wants to get back into Heaven."   That's probably playing too much into the whole Biblical thing, but I swear that's what popped into my head.

I like the "loosed from the chains of being bound to Jacob in servitude" thing, too.  Good catch, whoever thought it. 

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 02:30:50 AM »
Thats good, I was thinking  that Man in Black had him as a prisoner or slave and Jacob saved him and gave him eternal life.

I was going with that. I don't think he was a slave on the ship, but a slave to the man in black. He saw it fit to knock him the hell out and carry him into the island. Like he was reclaiming his property.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 02:38:53 AM »
That's a good thought.  Richard sure looked scared as heck when he said "YOU!?" when he recognized him.

Are we sure he just knocked him out?  My first thought was "Oh my gosh he killed him!" 

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 02:41:55 AM »
He got hit in the throat pretty hard. Thought his larynx was crushed. Then he was hit again very hard on the neck and face. He looked dead, but he probably isn't.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 08:01:07 AM »
Richard was a prisoner/slave on the black rock... I'm calling that now (I hope no one else has). For some reason, Jacob took it upon himself to give him eternal life? Richard and the Man in Black seem to have a history together. I'm thinking that the Man in Black wants to go to the temple.... the real one. I think that's "home"...

OMG....I can so totally see that. I mean isn't that why Illianna called him Richardos?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 08:05:36 AM »
Well it makes all the sense in the world about the black rock and the other stuff sorry but some of this is prediticible.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »
I've been saying he came on the Black Rock for some time now. And I'm sticking to it. And I don't know about the Jacob inhabiting Sayid thing. The fact that he says "What happened?" when he wakes up is a good indication that its not Jacob. Also, I dunno if everyone say Kimmel or not but Cuse and Lindelof said that "something" is in Sayid, but its not Jacob. Maybe trying to throw us off? Maybe not...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:06:55 AM by grizn0 »

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 09:25:53 AM »
I don't think it's Jacob either.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »
Maybe Sayid said "What happened" because like when little Ben got healed they said he won't remember what happened. They also said little Ben will never be the same, he'll always be one of them (Others) now. So does that mean Sayid will be different now, he'll be an Other?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »
Yes, I am pretty sure Sayid is an other. He looked too confused when he woke up to be Jacob.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 10:12:56 AM »
Back to Richard though, if we are taking fake-Locke's comment literally I suggest that the Black Rock is too obvious an answer. If we're still to believe this Egyptian influence perhaps Richard is REALLY old.
The Egyptians were especially famous for slave labor, perhaps he beat the Black Rock there by a thousand years?

I agree and I've been hoping Richard's story goes all the way back to ancient Egypt.  The only thing that goes against this is a gut feeling that the beach scene with Jacob and The MIB seemed to suggest they were alone on the island at that time and Jabob was starting things up again by drawing the Black Rock (MIB said 'You brought them').   Also, my first thought was that The MIB meant Richard was free from serving Jacob, not that he had been a slave before.  And he definitely wasn't a slave to The MIB and saved by Jacob because why would MIB say 'it's nice to see you free'. 

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »
Smokey-Locke's face morphed into such an evil-looking visage when he said that line, my first thought was "He's Satan - he wants to get back into Heaven."   That's probably playing too much into the whole Biblical thing, but I swear that's what popped into my head.

I've been on the bible side from the beginning.  This WILL be an ultimate struggle of good vs. evil with the whole world held in the balance.  I almost jumped out of my seat when Jacob said 'it only ends once, everything else that happens is just progress'.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »
Maybe Sayid said "What happened" because like when little Ben got healed they said he won't remember what happened. They also said little Ben will never be the same, he'll always be one of them (Others) now. So does that mean Sayid will be different now, he'll be an Other?

Good call, and the temple leader guy did say to Jack that there would be consequences before Jack said 'do what you have to do'.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
...or something like that.

Richard was a prisoner/slave on the black rock... I'm calling that now (I hope no one else has). For some reason, Jacob took it upon himself to give him eternal life? Richard and the Man in Black seem to have a history together. I'm thinking that the Man in Black wants to go to the temple.... the real one. I think that's "home"...

Roman, I cannot tell you who or when, but at least one other person on this board has already theorized that Richard was a slave on the Black Rock.  Of course, I believe that last night solidified that theory.  THIS is going to be very interesting and exciting for me to learn more about.  Did you see the look on Richard's face when Flocke said that to him?  OMG, it was classic.  I loved it.  I love Richard, so it sucks that Flocke beat him up to shut him up.  I cannot wait to see what comes of that.  woohoo