Author Topic: Have we seen glasses Hippy Dude before?  (Read 2943 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Have we seen glasses Hippy Dude before?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 11:03:10 AM »
I'm thinking Richard was being held in the brig not as a slave but as a criminal.  I've been thinking that for a while, that all those skellies we saw long ago were all criminals in the BRIG, as in the episode "The Brig" where Sawyer takes care of Cooper.  Now along with Bob's handy new info about Spanish Pirates it could make sense that the Black Rock was able to overtake a few brigands and locked them up in the brig for the remainder of the journey.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »
I'm thinking Richard was being held in the brig not as a slave but as a criminal.  I've been thinking that for a while, that all those skellies we saw long ago were all criminals in the BRIG, as in the episode "The Brig" where Sawyer takes care of Cooper.  Now along with Bob's handy new info about Spanish Pirates it could make sense that the Black Rock was able to overtake a few brigands and locked them up in the brig for the remainder of the journey.
This makes a lot of sense.  There has been some speculation that Richard could have been Egyptian, given the hieroglyphs and such, but based on MiB's assertion that he was in chains I think it is safe to say he was on the Black Rock.  And he does not look African.

Well done Bob, Mrs A, and DMM!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »

This makes a lot of sense.  There has been some speculation that Richard could have been Egyptian, given the hieroglyphs and such, but based on MiB's assertion that he was in chains I think it is safe to say he was on the Black Rock.  And he does not look African.

Well done Bob, Mrs A, and DMM!

Richard being a spanish captive does work better, especially considering that Englad had a hard on for capturing pirates. As for him being Egyptian, I do not know what an actual egyptian looks like, but I guess that he matches my ethnocentric picture in my head of what an Egyptian looks like. And, E.S.B., if you are also saying that he looks Egyptian, then technically, he does look African. LOL

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »

And, E.S.B., if you are also saying that he looks Egyptian, then technically, he does look African. LOL
Excellent point!   ;D