Author Topic: Why Desmond appear then disappear on the plane?  (Read 6332 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Why Desmond appear then disappear on the plane?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 05:55:25 PM »
ha ha ha BR Lil is not slow ::) :P :-*

Yeah but when they met in the shadows he didn't say oh yeah we met long time ago ? 

It was another reminder!   But I get you!

I still think this is just a dream in Jack's head and he will wake up in the jungle again

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 06:00:15 PM »
okay maybe i jumbled my theory together.. it made sense in my head.. let  me try it a LIL slower. des n jack met at the stadium... "see you in another life brotha"... then on the island on the hatch... des has a gun to lockes head in a shadowy room with his face have not revealed... all he has to say is "brotha" and jack instantly notices and recognizes it... what im saying is that on 815 II when des says brotha ya jack recognizes him, but not as much as he did in the tense situation in the Swan. so we know des' life is at least different since the stadium meeting. then through theories... if not there then... when? did he ever leave the monistary to meet penny? or further back... did widmore never father Penny? further back did Widmore ever leave the island? or further back... was Widmore ever on the island? is it a reset to a specific point in time or a completely different reality altogether? hope that made my idea more clear.
I know what you're saying, I thought this, too, we have a big discussion about it in the podcast... and even if Widmore does leave the island, Penny won't meet Desmond unless Widmore sends Penny to the monastery to pick up wine, which he's buying by the case because he's rich. If he doesn't start the Widmore Corporation to find the island again, he's not in a position to buy cases of expensive monk wine.

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »
ha ha ha BR Lil is not slow ::) :P :-*

Yeah but when they met in the shadows he didn't say oh yeah we met long time ago ? 

It was another reminder!   But I get you!

I still think this is just a dream in Jack's head and he will wake up in the jungle again

i never said lol is slow in this thread... i just meant i wrote it out too fast that all my ideas got jumbled

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »
okay maybe i jumbled my theory together.. it made sense in my head.. let  me try it a LIL slower.

I think your sense of humor bone is in need or repair.   ;)  or my ability to have fun with you is not good anymore

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
no worries lil i wrote you to explain but i just had a bad day ... I APOLOGIZE EVERYONE !!!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »
no worries lil i wrote you to explain but i just had a bad day ... I APOLOGIZE EVERYONE !!!

BR thanks a million - apology accepted!

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

BR thanks a million - apology accepted!
thank you... LTDA

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 09:21:33 PM »
I thought they said the book Hurley picked up was Kierkegaard... where did Hurley pick up a book?  I remember him doing it but I forget where...

i think hurleys book is the little prince that the french team had on them when jin found them.
Hurley didn't pick up a book this episode, I think it was Kate or Jin who dumped out Montand's backpack and Kierkegaard's "Fear and Trembling", in French, was in there.

Ihad a whole thread topic running on here about that book but it vanished maybe Smokey took it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 12:14:34 AM »
so what about the book Desmond was reading

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
I thought they said the book Hurley picked up was Kierkegaard... where did Hurley pick up a book?  I remember him doing it but I forget where...

i think hurleys book is the little prince that the french team had on them when jin found them.
Hurley didn't pick up a book this episode, I think it was Kate or Jin who dumped out Montand's backpack and Kierkegaard's "Fear and Trembling", in French, was in there.

Ihad a whole thread topic running on here about that book but it vanished maybe Smokey took it.

It didn't vanish, it just got worked back a page or two. Here it is! :)
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10157.msg595871.html#msg595871

Offline Abaddons Key

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Nice to meet you...or see you again?
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
My thoughts:

If the island had blown up in this timeline we have to ask ourselves an extremely important question: Would Widmore have sponsored that race around the world if the island had been submerged for 30 years?

If he doesn't sponsor that boat race Desmond doesn't participate.

If Desmond doesn't participate he doesn't do the Tour de Stad because he has nothing to train for.

If he doesn't do the Tour de Stad he consequently never meets Jack.

If he never meets Jack then he wouldn't, obviously, recognize him.

This.

Also it must be assumed that since the island went under in 77 Desmond would never have been involved in anything on the island yet he still exists and leads a normal life before the race.  The question that should be posed is this, does Widmore give birth to Penny.  If so, then it is very possible that Des still meets Penny in an unaltered way (they met at the monastery) minus all the race and search drama of that perticular time lines future.  If not, then Des is just a normal guy doin his thing.  Either way the island is sunk and Des is alive and well.

I personally believe Des made an appearance on the plane to tell us directly that the events that took place from the beginning of the series  (2004 island time, to the past, leading up to the bomb going off) as well as events leading up to the original plane crash were greatly altered.  Think that there was a 27 year gap between the bomb going off and the "non plane crash".  All those flashbacks from previous seasons mean very little in this new current time line.

With this line of thinking Des would be free of the island during the time of this flight and thus could easily be inserted as one of the passengers in this now current timeline.  It has been noted elsewhere in these forums that some of the other original losties weren't seen on the plane, maybe because they never got on the plane in this time line.

None of this is enough to deny Jacob of his meddling however.  He seems to be an omnipotent being and no amount of water will keep him from his goals.  Because of this I believe that the Island is not done with our favorite characters even in this post non crash time line.   

"A god, a real god, is a verb, not some old man with magic powers.  It's a force, it warps reality just by being there, it doesn't have to want to, it doesn't have to think about it, it just does."  -Mass Effect 2 :P

"Even a dead god can dream."

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »
Just an addition to the tailies not seen...the children and Nathan