Author Topic: Screencap Requests!  (Read 4308 times)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Screencap Requests!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 10:39:31 AM »
Okay guys, what's with the bowling ball that lies in the shadow of the statue?  I've stepped through this and grabbed 5 frames so far, just to show you that it is not some random rounded stone. It sure looks to me like a spherical object and keeps that shape the entire time it is on screen. Why don't  we see it closer as the camera moves in? Well for one thing Mr Dharma McSharkington is strategically blocking the view of the ocean floor where the bowling ball would be. Take a look at the video. It is highly suspicious how the camera POV does NOT show the area on the sea floor where the bowling ball would be. Why am I calling it a bowling ball instead of the obvious idea that it's a cannon ball fired in days of yore when men sailed tall ships and visited tropical islands? Why does the official podcast for SWLS, The Coconut Telegraph, sport a bowling ball whithin a Dharma logo?  Why does 2 + 2 = bowling ball? I want some friggin' answers!  :-)

highlight of the region on the screen where the bowling ball appears

Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-01-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-02-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-03-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-04-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-05-SWLS.jpg

That is strange, the spherical shape stands out against the rough rest of the statue. I have no idea what it means though, lol!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 10:17:36 AM »
Okay guys, what's with the bowling ball that lies in the shadow of the statue?  I've stepped through this and grabbed 5 frames so far, just to show you that it is not some random rounded stone. It sure looks to me like a spherical object and keeps that shape the entire time it is on screen. Why don't  we see it closer as the camera moves in? Well for one thing Mr Dharma McSharkington is strategically blocking the view of the ocean floor where the bowling ball would be. Take a look at the video. It is highly suspicious how the camera POV does NOT show the area on the sea floor where the bowling ball would be. Why am I calling it a bowling ball instead of the obvious idea that it's a cannon ball fired in days of yore when men sailed tall ships and visited tropical islands? Why does the official podcast for SWLS, The Coconut Telegraph, sport a bowling ball whithin a Dharma logo?  Why does 2 + 2 = bowling ball? I want some friggin' answers!  :-)

highlight of the region on the screen where the bowling ball appears

Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-01-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-02-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-03-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-04-SWLS.jpg
Lost-601-0639-bowling-ball-05-SWLS.jpg

Great work with all the screen grabs on these threads, but you're looking WAAAAAY too deep on this one.  It's just supposed to be part of the natural reef formation, like the coral above and to the right of the 'bowling ball' is also very round.  There's nothing there that is supposed to mean anything.  And the 'bowling ball' in the Coconut Telegraph isn't a bowling ball, it's a coconut!  Is this 'investigation' serious or did I just walk into an inside joke here?  As usual, I'm lost.  ???

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »

Great work with all the screen grabs on these threads, but you're looking WAAAAAY too deep on this one.  It's just supposed to be part of the natural reef formation, like the coral above and to the right of the 'bowling ball' is also very round.  There's nothing there that is supposed to mean anything.  And the 'bowling ball' in the Coconut Telegraph isn't a bowling ball, it's a coconut!  Is this 'investigation' serious or did I just walk into an inside joke here?  As usual, I'm lost.  ???

It was semi-serious. I saw the spheroid object while doing screencaps and when I noticed the Coconut Telegraph logo I thought it was interesting and was joking about that, but when lostfromthestart said 2 +2 = bowling ball I had to go for it. Am feeling better about my bowling ball/canon ball theory now tho after Ab Aeterno;)  As they say in backgammon, sometimes I'd rather be lucky than good.  ;)