Author Topic: What Alex said...  (Read 1117 times)

Offline shadow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
What Alex said...
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
 Maybe this has been discuss already, but...

I was watching last year's season finale when I noticed something that I hadn't the first time around.

On the way to the statue, Locke was happy the learn that he didn't need to convince Ben to kill Jacob because Alex told Ben he had to do everything that Locke told him to do.

This means that Alex was not a manifestation of the man in black. Was Alex actually Jacob who was making sure that Ben would kill him to put in motion his plan?

Offline kayd_mon

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: What Alex said...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:04:14 PM »
I had a very similar thought while re-watching this episode, but I refuted it this way:  MIB, as Locke, still needed to appear to be, in all ways, Locke.  If he knew what Ben promised Smoke-Alex, then he could reveal that he really wasn't a resurrected Locke.  Also, Ben has usually proven to be dishonest.  He could have been surprised that Ben actually intended to do what he promised. 

Not sure if this is really related, but I remember reading an interview with Michael Emerson, and in it he mentioned that Ben hadn't yet decided that he would kill Jacob even when he entered the statue.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What Alex said...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
I...  MIB, as Locke, still needed to appear to be, in all ways, Locke.  If he knew what Ben promised Smoke-Alex, then he could reveal that he really wasn't a resurrected Locke.  ...

I agree
Locke had to fake surprise to keep up the illusion